Now that was a mouthful, but we were able to get all of that in that past weekend. Karen and Bob made the drive out to Chicago late (and I mean late, like 2am) Thursday night. They brought Spike so of course they needed a good hour play time when they got here. Keagan + Spike = one VERY happy Keagan and one VERY annoyed Spike. But they do love each other so all was good with that in the Kramer house. This was a typical sight during the entire weekend. Eric was pretty much the dog whisper all three days. Notice the well trained dog on the floor and than ours on the couch. I am my own worse nightmare!
Friday was a really relaxing day with Karen and Janna. We ate lunch, shopped and then headed back to our place to layout for a little bit. I was being very stubborned about getting some sun since I am stark white and leaving for Hawaii in less than 2 weeks now. So my wonderful friends obliged and we got a few hours of sun before we all showered up and headed to our new favorite micro-brewery in Geneva for dinner with all of the hubbies. All and all my Friday was a successful day off.
Saturday Karen was able to go see her aunt while Eric and I met up with Jenny (the birthday girl!), Louis, James and Sean at Naperville's ribfest. It was a hot one, but it was nice to actually feel like we were doing something "summery" since Eric and I were both saying the other day that our summer is flying by and we haven't even done that much yet (despite how busy we are). It was everyone else's first time there and I hope that the newlyweds and the guys had a good time. By the end of the night we were all sweaty and smelly so it was hard to tell. Of course Eric made us poor from all the food he ate (just kidding babe, love you!) You can't blame the guy when his wife never cooks red meat, so when he gets the chance to he does and will.
This was 1 of 4 pictures that I had of Sean where he was on his blackberry
Louis got a little tired
I sort of look huge in this picture, but it sort of makes me laugh
The 4th was sort of a random day, Karen, Eric and I did a lot of driving between Lisle, Bartlett and St. Charles visiting everyone's families. This was how Karen and I spent a good portion of the day between visits while Eric drove us around
It was a great weekend with Karen and Bob though. I love that they don't live THAT far from us and we can see each other for long weekends. Karen is one of my oldest friends. We have grown up together since we have been 7 years old and I am so grateful to still have her in my life today. Thanks for making the trip out, we had a great, relaxing weekend with you guys. I will leave you on this note... Don't call my name, don't call my name, Alejandro. I'm not your babe, I'm not your babe, Fernando. Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just smoke one cigarette and run. Don't call my name, don't call my name, Roberto!

0 comments:
Post a Comment