Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Moore Wedding Week - A Toast

Natalie's MOH is her beautiful sister Christine. If I had a sister I would wish for our relationship to be something like theirs. Every time I am with the both of them you can just see that is is so much more than just sisters. I don't really know how to describe it. It is sort of funny because I guess I would describe them as sisters who are truly best friends, and yet I would describe my relationship with Nat as best friends who are also sisters. Nat has been there for me so much throughout the years. While she never met my dad, our friendship started one year too late, the way she listens to me when I talk about him and the way she remembers things about him that I have told her over the years it seems as though she really had met him. Nat and I have seen each other through boyfriends and breakups, through high school and college, through rough spots with our Erics to engagements and now marriages. When Nat and Eric moved to Hawaii in 2006, I had bought plane tickets to go visit them before they even made it all the way to Hawaii. When Nat and Eric first moved to Hawaii I was so nervous on what that was going to mean on our friendship. Hawaii is not one of those places you can go for an extended weekend. But here we are, 4 years later, and our friendship has grown so much more. Even from 4,000 miles away (or whatever the real mileage is) Nat was still there for me the day our first dog Hunter ran away from home, she was still there for me the day Eric proposed (in fact she was my second phone call), she was my sanity for the entire week before my wedding, and I know she'll always be there.



When Nat and I hit a rough spot in our friendship in 2004 I never thought we would be where we are today as friends. But after not really speaking for a year I knew one thing for a fact, I missed her terribly and there really was not one other person out there that could be my best friend. I am so grateful that both of us were able to put the past to the past and go back to the way things used to be. I could not imagine my life without her. While some days are harder than others knowing that I can't just call up my best friend to ask her to go out to lunch, I know that no matter what, no matter what she is doing in her day, she will always be there to listen, to give advice and for that I am so grateful. I hope that vacations to Maui, Kauai, the Big Island and Oahu are in our vacation plans in the years to come. And of course many trips back to Chicago.


I guess this turned into my bridesmaid toast to my best friend. Natalie I am so happy that you found the man of your dreams, and to think you found him when you were 18 years old. Who would have ever thought back then that we would be where we are today. I know for one I never would have pictured it. I cannot wait to get my butt down to Honolulu to celebrate all week with you. I love you!

0 comments: