So us Kramers still have a few Summer to Dos to cross off of our list, but we made sure to finish our last Chicago item earlier this week since Raegan is starting daycare next week (tear) and Eric is heading back to work the following week. I must admit, it's been really enjoyable to be able to spend so much time in the city this summer doing touristy things. Even Eric said he wishes we had taken advantage of the city more pre-Raegan.
On Monday, Eric and Raegan picked me up after work (which is 2 for me these days, LOVE IT!) and we headed to Lincoln Park Zoo. First half of the visit was great, nice breeze and Raegan was happy as a clam. Second half, hot, crabby kid and sweaty parents. Joy! Needless to say I was thinking our last Chicago outing of the summer was going to down in the books as awful. I literally wanted to go home right then and there. But we walked over to Roccos for pizza (restaurant in Lincoln Park just a few streets over from the zoo) for half off pizzas on Monday. It was fabulous and Raegan was a new baby again! So glad to end the day on higher note.
I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I typically do, mostly because I was hot and any extra movement would have just made me hotter. But love these two... Eric was telling Raegan all about the Zebras, which was perfect since that's her Halloween costume this year.
This photo cracks me up. Clearly we needed a picture with the giraffes, they remind us of sweet Aunt Nat. Funny how an animal can remind you of your best friend. Sorry girl! I seriously think every time we go to the zoo we snap some random picture of the giraffes and send them to Nat. But if you look, it looks like Raegan's head is actually the giraffe's head.
Raegan felt bad for the few meltdowns she had, so she did the paying for dinner.
Cannot wait for next year and to continue to show Raegan around the awesome city that Chicago is.



0 comments:
Post a Comment