Monday, August 13, 2012

First Day of School

aka... daycare.


Look at that sweet little girl, looking all grown up today in her cute little cropped cardigan. I was really worried how she was going to handle the whole thing. Strangers, no mommy or daddy, lots of noise, the whole bit. But we walked in, set up her crib and put her stuff in her cubbie with her name above it, kissed her good bye and just walked out. I snuck up to the window outside to peek in after we left (this sounds way creepier than it looked, at least that is what I am telling myself), she was just sitting there looking up at her teacher. No tears, just a total straight face. She looked way too grown up to me at that moment.

I set my outlook calendar to remind me at 9 am to call to check in. Really the reminder was not to remind me, but to hopefully not make me call after her being there for 5 minutes.

Overall she did a whole lot better than I thought. So proud of her. I don't think there was any meltdowns. She seemed to nap pretty good there, two 45 minutes naps. Although I know her and she can play opossum like none other, so that could also be part of it. She didn't really eat her solids, but I did expect that. Eric got her at noon and she was happy as a clam. Tomorrow she goes back for a hour longer than today. Fingers and toes crossed we have another good day.

0 comments: