Today I was part of the club and got to enjoy the day dedicated just for us... Mother's Day! It was a low key day spent with my husband, the little munchkin, the fur baby and our families. Everyone came over for a bbq and some Raegan smiles. Sunday's are always Raegan's favorite day of the week and today was no exception. Smiles, Coos and Laughs. Now that is what I call a successful and wonderful day.
A friend from high school described the love she has for her adorable son Leo as fierce. Perfect, I could not have thought of a more perfect word to describe my love for Raegan. It is intense, it is never-ending, it is... fierce. This little girl has brought so much love, so many smiles and a lot more goofy into our lives.
Is being a mom hard work at times, yes. Do I lose out on some just me time, yes. Is my house a bit messier, yes, a lot. Do I worry about every little thing that she does or doesn't do every day, yes. Do I choose sleep at 8 o'clock at night even on a Saturday night, yes. Is being a mom the best thing that has ever happened to me... yes! I am not trying to sugarcoat things, but this little girl seriously just makes me THAT happy.
It helps that I have had the best role model a gal could ask for in my mom. She is the most amazing mom and woman I know. Thank you mom for loving me all these years and for teaching me everything, I honesty don't know what I would do without you about 99% of the time :)
We even got to hang out with Uma today and boy did Raegan have a lot of smiles to give her way too! We took a few pictures of all the ladies but none really came out. Of the four we took one of us is looking the wrong direction. Oh boo!

And just because we don't have many pics with Grandpa, I'll throw one "guy" photo up on this Mother's Day post. Consider yourself special on this one grandpa :)
Happy Mother's Day! It feels amazing to be part of this mommy club. I am one lucky lady and some days I don't know how I got this lucky, but am so grateful for it!







3 comments:
I absolutely love that picture of you and Raegan. I can't get Blake to sit still for two seconds for a picture, let alone get a smile at the same time.
Thank you again Katie for such an enjoyable, relaxing Mother's Day. There is nothing better than to see your daughter be a "Mom". Raegan is one lucky girl...she has a wonderful Mommy.
Love you,
Mom
Haha, I made the blog :) Glad you had a good mother's day!
Post a Comment