Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Game 2 - BHS vs. Crystal Lake South

Last Friday I was able to work from  home so I could make it up to Eric's football game at Crystal Lake South. Since Jenny & Louis live up there we all met up for dinner and they headed to the game with me. It was the entire Malic/Unti crew: Jenny, Louis, James, Sean and even Barb (Jenny's mom). I think Eric was most excited to see Barb there. It was definitely a good fall weather night, perfect football weather if you ask me.

Parking was pretty hard to find, so when we found a spot for Barb we all stood in it until she could make her way to the front of the lot. I must say I have always wanted to hold a spot for someone by standing in it, but Eric never let me. Look what happens when he isn't around! Ha! Apparently high school football is the place to be, it took us like 15 minutes just to stand in line to get in. All-in-all it was a great game to watch, it came down to the last minute, but Bartlett lost 9-10. Here is a quick review of the game I found online.

MAKING A STAND

Bartlett got within a point of state-ranked Crystal Lake South on a 1-yard TD run by A.J. Bilyeu with 1:18 to play. Bartlett went for two but was stopped just short by Kenny King and Brendan Chrystal to preserve a 10-9 victory. "No doubt in my mind we were going for 2 points and the win," said Bartlett coach Tom Meaney, whose team lost 40-0 to CLS last year.

0 comments: