Monday, August 23, 2010

Organization Week ... aka Katie get off your lazy butt!

So this might not be the best week to add this huge task of finally cleaning up and organizing our house since it is Eric's first week back to work which means my workweek nights just got crazy again. However, based on Eric's comment to me last night I feel as though if I don't do this he'll divorce me by the end of the month! So last night I was putting away some dishes and Eric literally said to me, "oh you are actually doing something around here that is making this house cleaner and not more cluttered?" Seriously, seriously!!! Aren't those comments a woman says to her husband, not the other way around! Well he should have just said it... Katie get your lazy butt into gear and stop being such a bum!

Ok Eric, I get it..... point taken.

Ok so before you are allowed to go any further into this, you have to pinky swear times ten that you will not judge any images you will see this week. If you cannot hold your end of the bargain then it will be your fault that we are no longer friends. Because after looking around last night, I wanted to judge myself. Well luckily for me last week I already started with our bedroom. I didn't take before pictures, just during and than after, however, lets be honest here, the before didn't look all that much different than the before, the crap was just on top of a dresser or in a ball in a drawer.


Oh and did I mention, when I decided to start all of this, it was a Wednesday night.... at almost 9 pm. Sleep is for whiner babies anyways, right?


Well after only a little over a hour and a nice "what the heck are you doing, go to bed" comment from the peanut gallery this area now looks like this.


I LOVE the new frames I had for my dresser, nothing like a great Home Goods buy. And of course if there is a picture frame in our house, it is filled with some photo that the talented Caitlin Hazelton took.


Up next tonight, our bathroom. That linen closest won't know what hit it!

0 comments: