Thursday, June 26, 2014

Big Girl.... Make it Stop

Seriously, where does time go? I have to say, we get asked a lot if Weston is our last baby or not. And I have to say, mostly for Eric and me the answer is yes. For a few reasons that make sense for us two is where we’ll end up, but let’s just say I’ve learned to never say never. When I think about Weston being our last, I don’t think “oh my gosh we’ll never have a newborn again in this house, I’m so going to miss that”, my thoughts go directly to the fact that Raegan is already two and a half and gosh we will only ever have one more toddler. I’m obsessed with Raegan’s age. Is it hard? Yes! Is it full of tantrums, ridiculous whining and crying over things that don’t remotely make sense to me, Yes! But man is this age full of wonder, new adventures and just the sweetest moments. I want a house full of two year olds. (I can’t believe I just said that!). 


Well this weekend Raegan ventured into a new world of no crib, she grew up even more. Even though she’s been ready for a while to graduate from her crib, she still slept so well that we just kept her there. We’d been talking to her a lot lately about a big girl bed (really just her crib with the one side removed). She always would respond with “I match mommy’s bed”. She’s really into telling us what matches lately, colors, patterns, hair, you name it. Anywho. On Sunday we finally did it. We took the rail down, stacked up the blankets on the side of her bed and watched her grow up. She was so excited about her new bed that night she insisted on no book reading, no song or prayers. Just climbed right in and said nite nite. 


Fingers crossed so far we haven’t had any issues, I’m thinking we won’t either. Like I said, she’d been ready. On Monday morning I did find her on the floor, she must have rolled down the hill of blankets I made, but she never woke up so they did the trick. Last night she stayed put all night there. And this is when I get sad and this is when I say… maybe one more. Because I don’t know if I can handle having only one more to put from a crib to toddler bed, this is when I don’t want Weston to be our last. 

We love you kiddo. Like I always tell you… you’re my favorite gal!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these pictures! Thanks for sharing. Every day is a GIFT whether it's one you love or one you wouldn't mind exchanging. Enjoy it all because it really does fly by. Today 2...tomorrow 22!