On Saturday, December 29th we celebrated Raegan Isabel’s 1st birthday with a few close family members and friends. This little girl of ours is beyond lucky to have so much love in her life, it is amazing as a mom to sit back and see how our family and friends have not only stood by us through the years, but how they have happily welcomed Raegan into their lives too. Thank you to everyone to came out to celebrate with us, we hope you had as much fun as we did.
Before I get into Raegan's party, we first started off the day giving the birthday girl her present. Let's face it, getting a wagon in the winter really doesn't sound that awesome to a one year old, so how do you win them over... balloons. Total hit!
Eric and Raegan did the Daytona 500 around the house, and of course if any balloons fell out we had to stop and put them back in the wagon.
Love her
Before I left to go set up for the party
I designed the hot air balloon invites and then the rest of the party played off of the color scheme
Now, let me say that I knew planning a 1st birthday during the month of December, after Eric’s birthday, a work holiday party and 4 back to back days of family Christmas parties all with an out of town guest staying with us a few days was not going to be easy. Luckily for my own good I am OCD with my to-do lists and started early. And I have to say (insert a pat on my back) that I had almost 0% stress planning this little party. The invites got out before Thanksgiving, slowly every night I made the monthly growth banner, food labels, favor gift bags, went shopping for balloons, made a birthday play list, etc. Need I say that it was almost enjoyable!?! I felt like an appropriate amount of time went into planning and prepping and while I clearly could have outdone myself (I’ve been known to do that a time or two), it was just the right amount of effort. Now I also must say that we had an extreme amount of help the day of with setting up and cleaning up, so to those that came early and stayed late… thank you! Life savers you all are.
Favor bags and smash cake
Monthly photo banner
Banana Bread Smash Cake with the cake topper also made by yours truly
Everything was set-up a half hour before the party even started - that never happens!
Besties
Raegan had a blast, our little social butterfly. Not one whine out of her the entire time at the party. Like I said, it was a good day. Most of the food was catered from our favorite caterer Lisa (seriously if you ever need someone good and well-priced just ask me, I’ll give you her info) and Aunt Nat and I made the cup cakes and Raegan’s banana bread smash cake.
The Birthday Girl has arrived
Parents, Grandparents and our 1 year old
Blake is an entire head taller than our peanut
Side eyeing the handsome Blakesters
The boys were a big help in opening presents
Eric's favorite gift
The kid lucked out with some amazing gifts. We can’t wait to use our Brookfield Zoo membership once the weather gets a bit warmer and Eric cannot wait to get her in her custom made Bartlett Hawks Track and Field sweatshirt.
We love this kid beyond words and I promise her that she will always get her own special day, no matter how crazy the Christmas season is for us.

























1 comments:
Can't wait for many more parties to come!
Post a Comment