Tuesday, August 23, 2011

20 Weeks - Congrats All Around

So I am sure by this point all my blog readers know... we are having a girl! I am still completely shocked by this. I mean I think part of me always dreamed of a sweet baby girl, but I just assumed I would be surrounded by boys. On our way to the ultrasound last week I made Eric stop off at McDonald's to get a frozen strawberry lemonade. I figured last time around baby wasn't be too active and this time we needed to make sure she would be moving around, and I thought heck those things have to be loaded with sugar. Well that did just the trick. Right away baby was positioned just right for the ultrasound tech (Liz), but it took a while for her to get the right shot to tell us... boy or girl. Liz said it was clear as day.... girl! I was totally shocked, I'm pretty sure my mouth opened wide. I looked at Eric to see his reaction, then looked back at the screen. I said... are you certain? Ha!

The best news of the day was that everything else was looking good. Two arms, two legs, four chambers of the heart, spine looked good, kidneys were functioning properly. She was looking perfect. At one point we could see her opening and closing her mouth. I have pictures, but haven't had a minute to find where our scanner is and actually upload them yet.

When we got home, Eric called for Keagan and said 'well dude, us guys have got to stay together'. My reply was 'unfortunately your other dude doesn't have balls'

In other exciting news, my cousin Matt got married this past Saturday. Cassidy could not have looked more beautiful and you can just tell how much they love each other. It was a great way to spend some time with family as well to share our news of sweet baby girl. Congrats Matt and Cassidy, love you both!


A rare pregnant picture of me. Love baby girl, not loving my growing body.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, you looked beautiful at the wedding. Seems to me "baby girl Kramer" makes you look even prettier in pink!!! As I told you before, doesn't matter what the baby was as long as you both were safe and healthy. Cant'wait to meet the little girl who will make your lives even better.
Love you guys.
Mom
p.s. look out for those teenage years......remember though,you will survive

Amy said...

Katie,

Congrats on baby girl Kramer. You look absolutely lovely in the picture. You're glowing!

The Grimmer Family said...

You look awesome girl!! Don't know if you plan on breastfeeding, but it definitely helps with the baby weight :o)

Katie said...

Thanks everyone! I know I am my own worst critic. But like Eric likes to remind me... it is all for a good cause!

Unknown said...

You are beautiful!! Remember it is all about the process...God will give you a beautiful reward!

Anonymous said...

Katie, you look radiant! Eric looks good too, but let's face it, you are all the rave! Congratulations to the both of you on your baby girl-to-be. I am so happy for you! It doesn't seem that long ago when you were the beautiful,sweet little girl next door, and now to think that you will have a daughter of your own.
Joanne