Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ummm... let's go with plan Z

Yep, that is about right. I think it is safe to say that what went down this past Friday was not included in any of the first 25 possible game plans the bride had in mind. Jenny & Louis's wedding was yesterday and let me first say that Eric and I had a total blast! But before I get to that, let me first describe the first part of the past few days. Thursday most of Jenny's bridesmaids and the mothers of the bride and groom all headed off to get manis/pedis. I have really come to love this pre-wedding tradition, nothing like a good excuse to get myself all pampered, because lets be real, it really is all about me! (now if that didn't just sound like an only child remark)


Afterwards we all first headed to Portillos for lunch and then headed to the Westin in Itasca to get checked in and get ready for rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. I fell in love with their officiant Dan. He was great at really making the wedding just about Jenny & Louis and he kept having these private little moments with them and didn't want to hear what any of us had to think, but wanted only Jenny & Louis's input. Everything seemed set for Friday and we headed to Charlie's Charhouse for dinner. Food, drinks and great company... all in all Thursday night was a totally success!



Now Friday morning looked beautiful outside, hair & make-up showed up on time and shortly after the florist dropped off the gorgeous flowers. The girls headed outside to take pre-wedding pictures and despite the humidity we got some great pictures. After about 15 minutes outside, Mother Nature got pissed, we all rushed back inside and about five minutes later this is what we saw out the window, the power was out and Mary was stuck in the elevator with the other weddings photographer.... this is where plan Z came into play...




And this is why I love Jenny and why she rocks.... total calm bride came out during all of this, she was just chillin in the hotel room, hiding out from all of her guests, just dancing, waiting for the power to come back on. L-O-V-E her! After many calls back and forth to the hotel wedding coordinator and her brother Sean (because lets be real, Sean was actually the one telling the coordinator what to do based on what Jenny wanted) To make a long day and a long enough story already just a little bit shorter, the power did end up coming back on, we did get Mary out of the elevator (thank goodness!) and we did get Jenny hitched to her main squeeze (yes I just said that!) their wedding was absolutely beautiful and I had a blast on the dance floor all night long. Jenny & Louis, thank you for such a beautiful night and think of it, you will by far have the craziest wedding day story out of all of our friends. I mean when people plan outside wedding events they mentally prepare for rain, but to prepare for what Friday brought, who would have ever in a million years think of what went down Friday night. Let's just say I wish that your life together brings you that same exciting, crazy, fun, totally unexpected memories as you experienced on the day you become husband and wife.








0 comments: