We could not wait to bring Raegan along this year to our favorite family tradition - apple picking at Kuipers Farm! I am sure most people know that due to the warm spring we had, tied to the fact we had a really dry summer, most orchards lost most if not all of their apples this year. Kuipers was able to save about 60% of their crop, but they did have to open earlier than normal since apples were prime for picking earlier than normal. Normally we don't head over until October when the weather is a bit more fall like, but the rumor is that apples won't even be available by then. So off we went last weekend.
Wait.... let me back up to the best part... we had some awesome tag alongs this year. Here's a hint... who else would Raegan get this excited waiting for
Nat and Eric are in town to meet Natalie's adorable new niece Mila and we were lucky enough to snag them for the day. I somehow managed to not get one single picture of Eric (not my Eric, Nat's Eric, yes that can get confussing!) but let me tell you he seriously carried our apples and Raegan's diaper bag the entire day. I am thinking about hiring him for full time work!
Raegan has the smile for the camera down, she just forgot to actually look at the camera!
The weather was absolutely perfect on Sunday and we got there nice and early and got to miss part of the huge crowd that starts up about a hour after they open. A lot of the apples were already picked and placed in these huge bins, but they still tasted delicious!
Can I also say how wonderful it was to spend the day with my best friend! I love the totally goofy side she brings out in me. I forget just how fun life is with her around and it is days like yesterday that make me miss her even more with her living in HI. I mean here... case and point.
Nothing like acting like a bunch of kids on the tractor. Raegan, please remember in 15 years that at one point in your life you thought I was super cool. Kay? Thanks!
Ok at this point I am just rambling. I'm tired and should be sleeping. But just a few more eye candy shots before I go.
I know I'm biased, but come on... can she get any cuter?!?!










1 comments:
There's nothing better than traditions, great weather and best friends!!! Thanks for the pictures, Katie. I wasn't able to see Auntie Nat but at least I get to see her in photo's with you and Raegan. LOVE ALL THE PICTURES!!!
Post a Comment