One year ago today I secretly took a home pregnancy test after work while Eric was at grad school. I was hopefully optimistic, but didn't want to have to tell Eric it was negative if I wasn't pregnant. Well this was the outcome of that
Eric was actually fairly upset with me afterwards that I didn't tell him that I was taking a test and that I was by myself when I did it. I remember him calling me after class telling me he was on his way home and hearing him going on and on about all he had to do that night before he went to bed. I just kept thinking, welp I'm going to add one more thing to this guy's list, celebrate!
What a difference a year makes. I knew I always wanetd kids, but I NEVER knew just how much I would truely love it. I can't imagine our life without our sweet Raegan. Today I am out of commision, laying on the couch with some sort of stomach flu. Raegan is just next door at the baby sitters and my heart just breaks that I am so close yet am not with her. But I need to get better before this weekend. Nat's getting in town and we have Raegan's baptism/party on Sunday.
We love you baby girl, April 26th brought us some of the best news we could have ever recieved!


2 comments:
Our positive test came not too long after yours! I haven't thought about that moment in a long time, but just reading your post brought back those crazy butterflies I felt when it was positive! Such an awesome, happy, scary, amazing moment :)
LOL, we tested on the same day! Probably make sense since the babies were due only a day apart!
Post a Comment