Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice

Meet Janna… a friend I have known since high school but it wasn’t until after college that we became closer due to Janna and Karen’s close relationship. Each Chicago trip Karen makes always includes some Karen, Katie and Janna time. Sadly, as much as we say it every time, Janna and I can’t seem to get on each other calendars unless Mrs. Stansfields is in town. Pathetic, I know!

Well Janna and her husband Craig are expecting their first child next month… it’s a girl!! The first girl among any of my friends. I swear in 20 years the world will be overpopulated with men and there will be a shortage of females. I feel like everyone is having boys.

Anywho, this past weekend it was her baby shower. I have NEVER IN MY LIFE seen so much pink and ruffles in my life. I joked with Craig on my way out that pink better become his new favorite color. It was great to catch up with some of Janna’s friends who I have not seen since their wedding two years ago and to finally see Janna (sans Karen, although totally bummed she couldn’t make it in). Apparently Janna has had one of the easiest pregnancy’s (no morning sickness, hasn’t been too tired, growing but not huge). Here’s to hoping for an easy last month (relatively speaking) and to hoping baby girl Woj arrives on time so we can all meet her over Memorial Day weekend!


0 comments: