So for the past two years or so Eric and I have started many conversations with, "once we get married we'll finally finish...", "finally when we aren't saving for the wedding we can finish..." Well with the wedding sadly more than two months behind us, I am very excited to be starting those things we have been wanting to get done for years! Well I am excited, but I think that has left Eric just dreading hearing me beg for his help with stuff, especially shopping (don't worry babe, I am sure I'll drag my mom around most of the time!) This weekend we prepared for Shari, our wonderful house painter, to start re-painting our house this week. Unfortunately for my mom and Dave, we were able to beg and plead and cry until we were blue in the face (okay that is a lie, we merely had to ask) for them to come over on Sunday to help put up all the new ceiling lights we had bought and to start the process of cleaning each room to be painted. First up was our bedroom, which I should also mention Keagan's crate is and where he is most of the day. I was so embarrassed at how much hair was behind dressers and under the bed. GROSS!!! After hours of cleaning and locking Keagan out of our room, we went to bed last night with all but two lights up and a super clean bedroom!!! Lucky for Keagan, he gets to spend the entire week at the neighbors (aka his second family) to keep him out of the paint fumes and to keep his hair out of Shari's way. For anyone who cares, here is our top 10 things we want to finish:
- Out with the nasty gold and in with the new (ceiling lights)
- We love eggshell and are gladly saying goodbye to the flat (paint)
- Wave bye-bye to the 1998 White UFO car and hello to something less spacelike
- Who puts carpet in the bathroom? (re-tile and finally get rid of the carpet by the bathroom sinks
- Did someone say new carpet?
- 3 weddings, with 1 flight to HI! (here is a shout out to the future Mrs. Malic, Mrs. Moore & Mrs. Keadle!!)
- Decorate our walls with wedding pictures
- "Lets Go, Lets Go, L-E-T-S-G-O, Go, Lets Go" - Lets get those BHS track boys down to State!
- Landscape the backyard, we tore out everything last year and never touched it again
- Re-grass seed all the "Keagan" spots in our backyard. Darn acid pee!
Oh wait, I lied, lets make this a list of 11 things. Most important, lets get Eric re-hired back to U-46 or another job in another district. Without this one, most of these things can't happen unless money starts growing on trees. Ummm... maybe we can find a money tree to landscape with. How much do you think those suckers cost?
1 week ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment