Monday, March 30, 2015

Happy 1st Birthday Boo-Boos

 

I’ve been here before, putting a baby down to sleep one night knowing they’d wake up as a one year old, a toddler. Really nothing monumental will happen. To them it is just another day, another day full of playing, eating and being loved. But this time around, with this sweet boy of mine, my heart is being pulled in a million different directions of feelings. It has just all happened too fast, this first year happened in a blink of an eye and knowing that we most likely will never have that “first year” again, it sort of hurts. This second child of ours has been pretty much…. Heaven. He goes with the flow, he smiles all day long, he loves life and makes everyone around him love life a little more too. It hurts because he is so dang awesome. I cried last night to my mom because well, I just want more. More time to soak it up, more time to try to remember every detail of this part of life. I literally cannot find the right words to describe all that I’m feeling today. The only thing I do know is that I look at that sweet face, those big blue eyes and that stick straight blonde haired little boy that Eric and I made and thank God he is ours.
 



 
My love affair with Weston was not always there, I’ve always been opened about that. Those first 6 weeks were not pretty. He cried a lot and it was louder than I ever knew a baby could be. I was alone with two kids a lot, one needy and one who cried all while trying to get my emotions in check and healing from a not so awesome labor. I swore for those 6 weeks everyone but me could calm my baby down. But man-oh-man. That 6 week mark, I think we all turned a corner and I’ve been trying to make up for lost time ever since.
 


 
 
Weston loves life, he’s adventurous, and quick to mimic big sister. He’s not a huge snuggler, but if you’re sitting on the floor he’ll crawl over, put his head on your lap for 2 seconds, look up, then he’s off again. He loves to clap, and smile with his mouth wide open. He’s latest include this ducky face you see in his monthly photo or the tongue sticking out. Lizard or duck, I guess he can’t decide. He loves his big sis and tries so hard to keep up and do all the things she is doing. He is quick to mimic how to play with his toys, something we never really have had before. He wants to move all the time and explore. He says, mama, dada, bubba, doggie and an occasional “sis” will come out too. He loves to splash in the water and takes out the bath drain constantly because he has picked up that we have to turn the facet back on to fill the tub more. He’s naughty and I love it (let me stress I love 1 year old naughty, it’s different than 2+ year old naughty). Weston loves to blow kisses and wave bye-bye at the door, he loves being outside and taking him on walks rarely makes him nap because he doesn’t want to miss a thing. He sleeps from 6:45 – 5:30 and normally naps 2 times during the day, although we have never really set a nap schedule with him. Weston wakes up happy almost every single morning with a smile on his face.
 



 
Happy 1st Birthday Boo-boos! You light up our world and I hope you always carry that love for adventure and your determination to do something your whole life. I love you!
 


0 comments: