Monday, October 6, 2014

Happy Half Birthday Boo-Boo


Happy Half Birthday baby boy! I feel like it took you a total of 3 days to go from newborn to 6 months old. Everything just is going so much faster with you boo-boos. The way you watch your sister run around the house, I can just see it in your eyes, you can’t wait to be joining her. This past weekend Raegan asked me for another baby, when I told her she was crazy, she asked please. I have to imagine the only reason in the entire world that she would ever want another baby getting into her stuff and taking over “her” house is because you are just that awesome. You love everyone, you smile at everything, you barely cry, you are curious about this world you are in and just love each day. Your go with the flow personality is just what this house needed and I don’t think we knew we needed it until you came around. You look up at me with those big beautiful blues and you melt me…. each…. and…. every… day! I hope you know just how much you are loved.

This month you rolled from tummy to back. There is no stopping you now. You aren’t crawling but you definitely can get from one side of a room to another. You do this “clock” turn where you just keep your belly on one spot and just turn around and around to see what is going on around you and somehow that turn can get you to point A to point B fairly well. We now have to watch what is left on the ground because, well you’ll find it. Raegan was never this curious and still rarely plays with a lot of toys, and it’s so fun to see it in you. We also started you on solids at 5 months. So far you’ve had rice cereal, carrots (a favorite for sure), sweet potatoes, mangos and bananas. Oh yeah and peas in which you hate them and sister is always trying to get us to make you eat them. Older sisters can be the pits sometimes! You are still only eating them for dinner just before bath, but your teachers are telling us that at school you seem so interested in all your friends eating that we are going to start having a mid-morning snack soon. 

We are definitely growing. Just last week we moved to 9 month jammies and 9 month onesies. You are also in 6 month bottoms, although some are still a bit big in the waist, but 3 month is too small. And size 3 diapers both day and night. 

Your favorite things still top out with Raegan at the top and I think daddy is a very close second. You love chewing on water proof books, knocking over the blocks and hitting any toy together to make noise. 

Oh, how could I almost forget. You got your first tooth on the bottom! And the one right next to it should be here soon too. 

Just like I tell you every night, love you to heaven and back boo-boos. We are so grateful for you. Happy 6 months. 


0 comments: